Our test shoot was split into two sections, narrative and studio. Our narraive test shoot took place in Shoreditch and various train stations on two separate days. Our studio shoot took place over a week in the Seward Studio.
In order to split the studio time equally between the three media groups we were given a media schedule that detailed when our allotted filming times were.
- Male narrative story line was unclear audience did not realise it was a dream sequence and was left confused.
- Train cross cutting shot does not look effective
- Audience did not realise that the male character was of importance
- Train shots look to suburban
- Running sequence was too longd out
- Studio shots are too static and boring
- Lighting was often too bright or too dark for the studio shots
- Strobe light shot looks extremely grainy
- Integrate the male narrative and studio shots more
These were our main issues however main smaller issues were highlighted and can be seen below.
Although we found many issues with our test shoot i am glad we isolated them at this early stage instead of after our final music video. This is because we have plenty of time to go over these issues and resolve them well before our main shooting begins.