Introduction

My name is Jerom Thambipillai (8692). I am part of Group 2 consisting of Olamide Ajisafe (8010) and Matthew Davies(8511). I have completed Brief 1: Film. To see my portfolio evidence please click on the labels on the right named "A2 research and planning plan, A2 construction A2 evaluation"

music video

Below is our finished music video

Group 3 Music Video Layla Obi- Blue Lights

digipak

Below is the outside panel of my Digipak Album cover

Group 3 DIGIPAK FRONT COVER

Group 3 DIGIPAK FRONT COVER

Album cover

Below is the inside panels of my album cover

GROUP 3 DIGIPAK INSIDE COVER

GROUP 3 DIGIPAK INSIDE COVER
Click on the picture below to be redirected to our website




Monday 26 September 2016

R+P Post 11: Artists websites that have inspired and influenced my ideas

An artist website is essential to an artist as it is one of the first official media to come up when the artist named is searched for on the internet. It serves as a source of information as well as links to projects and other media the artist is associated with. Below are some artist websites that have inspired and influenced my ideas.


Chance the rapper






Chance the rappers website had a consistent theme that matched his album cover for "colouring book". I really like the synergy between the website and the album cover which made the website seem modern and up to date. I hope to also provide synergy between my artists website and the album cover and thus this website is influential to my ideas.



Declan McKenna



Declan Mckenna's website took a different approach with various themes and a continuous scrolling navigation. There are no buttons to take you to specific pages of the website which I particularly didn't like however I really liked the seemless scrolling aspect of the website and hope to include something similar in my website.

Izzy Bizu





Izzy bizus website had a video playing in the background. This gave the website a professional modern look that I found really interesting as a consumer of the website. Although a video as a background isn't usually a convention of artist websites I found it deeply inspirational and will attempt to emulate this effect with my website. Her website also included conventional pages such as the video page and live dates page. 


Researching different artists websites have fueled my ideas for what I want my website to look like. Not only this, this research has informed me of many conventions of artist websites such as social media links, gallery/videos and a tour date page. Thus I will use conventions when constructing my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment