In order to gain a good idea of the conventions of album covers I looked into various ones by artists.
Common album conventions include...
- Visual motifs- e.g. ed sheerans hair, sia's wig and ariana's bunny ears.
- The name of the artist and the name of the album
- Track listings in the inner sleeve
- Synergy between other productions from the artist or production company
- Contact links such as website or social media
An inspirational album cover was logics-under pressure. The graffiti design was interesting and fitted well with our initial ideas of graffiti related shots. I also found the use of visual motifs inspirational. An explicit example of this can be seen through Sias wig. The iconic blonde wig is seen throughout all of sias content ranging from music videos to live appearances and album covers are not an exception. I intend of containing a visual motif specific to our artist within our album cover.