Introduction

My name is Jerom Thambipillai (8692). I am part of Group 2 consisting of Olamide Ajisafe (8010) and Matthew Davies(8511). I have completed Brief 1: Film. To see my portfolio evidence please click on the labels on the right named "A2 research and planning plan, A2 construction A2 evaluation"

music video

Below is our finished music video

Group 3 Music Video Layla Obi- Blue Lights

digipak

Below is the outside panel of my Digipak Album cover

Group 3 DIGIPAK FRONT COVER

Group 3 DIGIPAK FRONT COVER

Album cover

Below is the inside panels of my album cover

GROUP 3 DIGIPAK INSIDE COVER

GROUP 3 DIGIPAK INSIDE COVER
Click on the picture below to be redirected to our website




Sunday 13 March 2016

Construction Post 9: My technical learning curve (production and post-production)

Before I even started media I liked to make videos in my own spare time this was where my love for editing began. Recently I also began to really appreciate the cinematography of a film not just the story line. Re watching some films I use to hate I now love and vice versa.

I feel my editing skills have definitely improved through this project. I was first introduced to Premiere pro  just over two years ago however my skills have progressed more in this last month than in the last two years. I learnt how to key frame audio to make it change it over time, this was essential when a character was speaking as they often couldn't be heard over the music.

A screenshot of our timeline on the software

Another major concept I've learnt through this project is the concept of pace and atmosphere within a piece, For example an extra few milliseconds to each shot could completely ruin the atmosphere and pace desired. During the editing process I often found myself looking through each shot and "feeling" when to cut it, just from watching the clip and feeling the mood change. I grew quite strong in this type of editing and I'm sure these new found skills will help me in the future.

 This project has helped me strengthen my skills and made me realise how hard it is to make a feature film. We only made a short 2 minute extract from a film but extensive planning, editing and re-shoots were needed. It really opened my eyes to how hard the concept of continuity is to put in a film let alone film and edit a continuity sequence. I have a much deeper appreciation now for indie films which usually use the camera in strange and interesting ways to tell a story,

No comments:

Post a Comment