Introduction

My name is Jerom Thambipillai (8692). I am part of Group 2 consisting of Olamide Ajisafe (8010) and Matthew Davies(8511). I have completed Brief 1: Film. To see my portfolio evidence please click on the labels on the right named "A2 research and planning plan, A2 construction A2 evaluation"

music video

Below is our finished music video

Group 3 Music Video Layla Obi- Blue Lights

digipak

Below is the outside panel of my Digipak Album cover

Group 3 DIGIPAK FRONT COVER

Group 3 DIGIPAK FRONT COVER

Album cover

Below is the inside panels of my album cover

GROUP 3 DIGIPAK INSIDE COVER

GROUP 3 DIGIPAK INSIDE COVER
Click on the picture below to be redirected to our website




Sunday 13 March 2016

Construction Post 8: My personal contribution to the Edit Sessions

I feel my contribution to the editing sessions was much greater than my contribution to the shooting sessions. Editing is one of the skills I find easy in this whole process. Although editing was split between us I helped put the overall sequence in order and watched a lot of the footage and renamed the needed files.

I did most of the titles by myself. At first it was quite hard figuring out how to use Livetype considering I don't own a mac and the buttons are completely different to those of a windows computer. After a while I managed to get the hang of the programme and was able to make titles in seconds. This was useful as we changed titles such as "Starring [actors name]" to just the actors name. I was able to make the title quickly and put it into the sequence in minutes which was efficient. After playing with the cross-dissolves I realised a dip to black was a much better way to go in and out of every title and edited all of that. From this I began playing around with a dip to white and changed the very beginning and end of the sequence to dip to white.

Me editing
I also helped to sort a lot of the glitches out in the sequence, especially with split second black outs which happened a lot.

I also helped solve a reflection of the microphone in the laptop screen by masking it using a section of the same shot. I then added a Gaussian blur over to make the mask less noticeable. Overall I feel I played more to my strengths when editing and thus contributed a lot to the sequence.


Before editing where the mic is visible

After editing where the mic is no longer visible


No comments:

Post a Comment