My name is Jerom Thambipillai (8692). I am part of Group 2 consisting of Olamide Ajisafe (8010) and Matthew Davies(8511). I have completed Brief 1: Film. To see my portfolio evidence please click on the labels on the right named "A2 research and planning plan, A2 construction A2 evaluation"

music video

Below is our finished music video

Group 3 Music Video Layla Obi- Blue Lights


Below is the outside panel of my Digipak Album cover



Album cover

Below is the inside panels of my album cover


Click on the picture below to be redirected to our website

Thursday, 4 February 2016

R+P Post 11: Our Storyboard + Timeline

To kick off pre-production we first needed to put our main idea into chronological order as well as to see if our idea would fit into the 2-minute time limit we were given. In order to do this we drafted a time-line. This would help us organise our idea and make storyboarding much easier as we could clearly see the sequence of events that would take place. Putting our idea into an order was crucial as it prompted us to finalise ideas and make decisions quickly.

A section from our timeline 

In order to make our time time line we used three A3 sheets of paper attached in order to form a large strip of paper. This gave us enough space to put all the events onto the timeline. Overall the time-line was an extremely useful tool as it helped put our ideas onto paper for the first time. This allowed us to see what would work and what wouldn't within the sequence. For example some ideas when explained verbally sounded good however once put on the time-line we could immediately see it wouldn't work on film.

After our timeline was finished and finalised we progressed to make our storyboard. A storyboard allowed us to plan each individual shot in great detail. In this stage we decided our framing, duration and overall look for each shot. This was extremely useful as it yet again helped us better imagine what our ideas would look like on camera.

Our story board 

Our storyboard was made out of sticky notes, to represent shots, and a large piece of bright pink sugar paper. The key for our storyboard was as follows

  • Yellow sticky note- Close up shot
  • Green Sticky note-Medium shot
  • Blue sticky note- Long shot
Using a colour code to signify each shot type we were easily able to imagine the variety shots. The storyboard was really useful as it helped us visualise our shots accurately. Using the storyboard we were immediately able to assess what ideas would work and what didn't. This helped us finalise our idea as a whole before our test shoot. We used many close-ups and medium shots in our storyboard as it helped us connote the action-thriller genre quite well, placing the audience very close to the action. We drew inspiration from the Mr.Robot series trailer as it created the very atmosphere we wanted to replicate.

No comments:

Post a Comment