At first it was quite hard to make an idea that we all agreed on. This was due to us all being fans of completely different genres and thus had contrasting views. We immediately comedy would be too hard and would take too much time to make the sequence funny. After a lot of research into already existing film openings we decided on the action-thriller genre as it was something we were all a fan of and could thus replicate in our sequence. We were a little behind with our storyboard due to so much time being spent on making a solid idea. However we used our group meetings to catch up and get back on track. We were able to finish our animatic shortly after and meet the deadline with time to spare.
Looking ahead we are happy with how our sequence will look on camera. After combining the stills, sound effects and music on our animatic we were able to see clearly what type of atmosphere our sequence will create and what shots to include/discard. For example we initially thought tat cutting back and forth between shots of London traffic would be a good idea. After we put the traffic shots on the animatic we immediately discarded the idea. In terms of project work we are all caught up and I am looking forward to shoots.
My name is Jerom Thambipillai (8692). I am part of Group 2 consisting of Olamide Ajisafe (8010) and Matthew Davies(8511). I have completed Brief 1: Film. To see my portfolio evidence please click on the labels on the right named "A2 research and planning plan, A2 construction A2 evaluation"