After our test shoot we edited the footage in order to make a rough cut. The rough cut proved to be a useful tool in our project as it allowed us to see what we could improve on both in planning as well as in terms of actual specific shots. It also allowed us to see what went well within the sequence.
To start off we felt as if the very opening of our sequence was quite awkward and slow. The duration of each shot was too prolonged and thus did not create the fast paced montage we initially aimed for. Our music also didn't seem to work with the montage as well and new music needs to be found. We also made some continuity errors within the montage. For example the character drags the mouse to the left however the cursor moves the the left. This is one of the easier mistakes to fix within the sequence.
After showing the sequence to our teachers we also realised that when we jumped scenes from the bedroom to the train it was unclear that the character was the same person. This made the sequence confusing to the audience. In order to fix this we thought of establishing shots in order to make it crystal clear it is the same person.
Another obvious shot we need to change was the CCTV shot. The actual shooting of the shot seemed fine however in construction the change from shot to shot wasn't as smooth as we anticipated. The shots that immediately followed however worked quite well and created a tense atmosphere as expected.
My name is Jerom Thambipillai (8692). I am part of Group 2 consisting of Olamide Ajisafe (8010) and Matthew Davies(8511). I have completed Brief 1: Film. To see my portfolio evidence please click on the labels on the right named "A2 research and planning plan, A2 construction A2 evaluation"